Crusher dust is manufactured by passing run of crusher material over a 4mm sieve with the resulting material that passes through the sieve being called dust. It has many applications in building and construction sectors, including:
- Fines for blending into road-base production
- Bedding layer for paving applications
- Bedding and haunch material for pipe laying
- Select fill for under concrete slabs
- Fill for applications where a fine product is preferred
It is also sometimes used as a tennis court playing surface.