Councils typically develop and refer to a wide range of policies, directives & procedures.
Some are specific to a single Council and situation, but others are fairly standard and only vary slightly from Council to Council.
Often there is a distinction in the approval process. Policies may be set by the elected Council, whereas Directives and Procedures could be approved by the General Manager and Executives.
A library of typical policies & procedures could be a very good resource for all Councils.
If you agree with the above statement, there are two ways you can help.
- If you need to draft a policy or procedure and are looking for a template or example to look at, create the page as a stub. With a bit of luck someone will have already developed a similar policy and will post it to the site.
- If you have a policy that you are willing to post to the site either as an example or as a template, please do so.
- Asset Disposal Policy
- Asset Management Policy
- Community Engagement Policy
- Complaints Management Policy
- Contractor Control Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- GIS Policy
- ICT Policy
- Information Management Policy
- Media Relations Policy
- On-site Stormwater Detention Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Purchasing Policy
- Records Management Policy
- Screen Saver Lockout Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Tendering Policy
- Work Place Health & Safety Policy
- Workplace Harassment and Bullying Policy