Polymer Concrete or polymer resign concrete is a concrete that uses polymers to supplement or replace cement as a binder.
Advantages of polymer concrete include:
- Rapid curing at ambient temperatures
- High tensile, flexural, and compressive strengths
- Good adhesion to most surfaces
- Good long-term durability with respect to freeze and thaw cycles
- Low permeability to water and aggressive solutions
- Good chemical resistance
- Good resistance against corrosion
Polymer concrete may be a good alternative to normal concrete in the construction of manholes.